Investor FAQs

  • You will have to send the original Share Certificate and the Share Transfer Deed SH-4, as given below (also available with the Stock Exchange(s)/ Share Brokers) duly filled in, executed and after affixing the stamp duty (currently 0.25% of total consideration viz. the market value prevailing on the date of execution of transfer deed) to the Registrar and Share Transfer Agent (RTA) of the Company. Please note that copies of self-attested PAN cards of all the transferors and transferees are mandatory for registration of transfers. It takes a period of fifteen days from the date of receipt to process the transfer.

    Please forward the above mentioned documents to the Company's Registrar and Share Transfer Agent at:
    Link Intime India Private Limited
    Unit: Colgate-Palmolive (India) Limited
    C-13, Pannalal Silk Mills Compound,
    L.B.S Marg, Bhandup (West),
    Mumbai - 400 078.
    Timings (Monday to Saturday):
    10.00 a.m. to 01.00 p.m.
    02.00 p.m. to 04.00 p.m.

    Share Transfer Deed (Form No.SH-4)

  • The procedure to register the shares in form of gift is the same as normal transfer procedure. The stamp duty is also applicable on gift shares @0.25% of the market value prevailing on the date of execution of transfer deed.

  • Please ensure that the requisite details such as folio number, certificate number, name of the registered holder(s), name and address of witnesses are filled in. Please also ensure transfer deed is signed by transferor(s) and the witnesses.

    Please fill in all the columns of the transfer deed, sign as transferee at appropriate places and affix the share transfer stamps @ 0.25% of the market value prevailing on the date of execution of the transfer deed. Also enclose attested copy of PAN card. Please ensure that the transfer deed is duly filled in and executed as explained, to avoid any discrepancy/objection on lodgement.

  • You have to execute a transfer deed, duly stamped and submit it to the RTA for adding a joint holder. Please note that such addition of name amounts to a change in ownership of shares and the transfer procedure explained above has to be followed.

  • A transfer deed is valid for a period of 60 days from the date of execution. Please check whether your transfer deed is still valid. If so, submit the transfer deed duly executed and stamped along with share certificates to RTA for transfer in your favour.

    If the validity period of the transfer deed has expired you are requested to execute the fresh transfer deed. Thereafter you may submit the fresh transfer deed to the RTA for transfer.

1. In case of joint holdings, in the event of death of one shareholder, how do the surviving shareholders get the shares in their names?
  • The surviving shareholders are required to submit a duly signed request letter along with the below mentioned documents.

    • Notarized copy of death certificate
    • Original Share certificates for entire holding
    • PAN card of surviving holders
    • Address proof of surviving holders
    • Banker verification of the surviving holders along with the original cancelled cheque leaf

    The company on receipt of the said documents will delete the name of deceased shareholder from its records and return the share certificates to the applicant/registered holder with necessary endorsement.

  • The legal heirs should obtain a Succession Certificate or Letter of Administration with respect to the shares and a true copy of the same, duly attested by the Court Officer or Notary should be sent to the RTA along with a request letter, transmission form, and all the share certificates in original, for transmission in their favour.

  • The legal heirs will have to get the will probated by the High Court/District Court of competent jurisdiction and then send us a copy of the probated copy of the will, along with relevant schedule/annexure setting out the details of the shares, the relevant share certificates in original and transmission form for transmission and self-attested PAN card and address proof of all the claimants.

  • To get the shares transmitted in your name, kindly obtain a Succession Certificate/Letter of Administration of the last deceased joint holder in your favour and follow the procedure for transmission of shares.

  • You will appreciate that in order to ascertain that the will in question is the last will and testament made by the deceased, it is important that the same is authenticated/probated by the Court. This is to protect the interest of the investors at large and to obviate any future claims/disputes on the same.

  • As per law, the joint holder is deemed to be having indivisible ownership of the joint property and the Company cannot ascertain as to how or why the name was included. As per the Articles of Association of the Company, the surviving joint holders are the only persons recognized as having title to the shares.

  • You may write to our RTA furnishing the particulars of the dividend not received. The signature of the shareholders should match with specimen signature as per in the records of the RTA. Also quote your folio number/client ID particulars (in case of dematted shares). The RTA will check the records and issue a duplicate dividend warrant if the dividend remains unpaid in the records of the Company and is not transferred to the Investor Education and Protection Fund.

  • No duplicate dividend warrant will be issued during the validity of the original warrant (usually 3 months). Hence, if the validity period of the lost dividend warrant has not yet expired, you will have to wait till the expiry date. However, once the validity period has expired, if the dividend warrant is still shown as unpaid in the Bank Statement, our RTA shall obtain and forward a Demand Draft in lieu of the dividend warrant.

  • Dematerialisation ('Demat') signifies conversion of a share certificate from its present physical form to electronic form for the same number of holding.

    The Depository System ('DS') envisages elimination of several problems involved in the scrip-based system such as bad deliveries, fraudulent transfers, mutilation of share certificates, etc. Simultaneously, DS offers several advantages like exemption from stamp duty, elimination of concept of market lot, elimination of bad deliveries, reduction in transaction costs, improved liquidity, etc.

    The Depositories Act, 1996 has been enacted to regulate the matters related and incidental to the operation of Depositories and demat operations. There are two Depositories in operation - National Securities Depository Limited ('NSDL') and Central Depository Services Limited ('CDSL').

  • The operations in the Depository System involve the Depositories, Depository Participants, Company/Registrars and Investors.

    A Depository (NSDL and CDSL) is an organisation like a Central Bank, i.e. Reserve Bank where the securities of an investor are held in the electronic form through Depository Participants.

    A Depository Participant (DP) is the agent of the Depository and is the medium through which shares are held in the electronic form. They are also the representatives of the Investor, providing the link between the Investor and the Company/ Registrar through the Depository.

    To draw an analogy, the Depository System functions in a manner similar to a banking system. A bank holds funds in accounts whereas a Depository holds securities in accounts for its clients. A bank transfers funds between accounts while a Depository transfers securities between accounts.

    In both systems, the transfer of funds or securities occurs without the actual handling of funds or securities. Both, the bank and the Depository, are accountable for the safe keeping of funds and securities respectively. The Company signs an Agreement with NSDL/CDSL (the depositories) and installs the necessary hardware/software for operations.

  • Submit the Dematerialization Request Form (DRF) to your DP duly filled in and signed by all the shareholders, along with the original share certificate(s) and other requisite documents. Ensure that the names and order of names as per certificate(s) matches with the names and order of the names as per the DP account.

    • On receipt of DRF as above, DP will generate a Dematerialization Request Number (DRN) and the said DRN is electronically transmitted to the Company/Registrar and Transfer Agent (RTA) through the concerned Depository.
    • Simultaneously, DP will send the physical certificate(s) with the original DRF to the Company/RTA for verification and confirmation.
    • The Company/RTA, on receipt of DRF and share certificate(s) as above, will process the said request and if the DRF is found to be in order {viz. verification of signature and certificate(s)}, will electronically confirm the said request.
    • The DP on receipt of such confirmation, will update the demat account of the investor.

  • The Depository System permits reconversion of electronic shares into physical form through a process of rematerialisation. Submit a Rematerialisation Request Form (RRF) through your DP.

    Upon receiving such request from your DP, the Company will issue physical share certificates for the number of rematerialised shares. The procedure is similar to that of dematerialisation.

  • The Depository Participants will give the list of demat account holders and the number of shares held by them in electronic form on the Record date to the Company (known as Benpos - Beneficiary Position). On the basis of Benpos, the Company will issue dividend warrants in favour of the demat account holders.

    The rights of the shareholders holding shares in demat form are at par with holders of shares in physical form. Hence, you will be eligible to get the Annual Report and can rightfully attend the AGM as a shareholder.

  • Common risk factors applicable to trading in physical shares like mismatch in signatures, loss in postal transit, etc., are absent since dematted shares are traded scrip-less.

    However, in the unlikely event of any dispute, you will have to approach your Depository Participant for resolution of the same.

  • Yes. You will have to contact your DP or the lending bank for this.

  • Immediately on being aware of the loss/misplacement of your share certificate(s), kindly follow the procedure mentioned below:

    • Lodge a First Information Report (FIR) with your local police station.
    • Submit your application in writing to the Registrar and Transfer Agents, duly signed by all the shareholders, quoting your folio number, details of share certificate(s) lost, along with original/certified copy of the FIR.
    • Registrar and Transfer Agents on verification, will mark 'Stop Transfer' against the share certificate(s) reported as lost/misplaced by you and will provide you the detailed procedure for issue of duplicate share certificate(s) including the draft of the affidavit and indemnity to be executed by you.

    Specimen of Surety and Indemnity

    Specimen of Affidavit

  • Kindly follow the procedure described in the above point.

  • Please surrender the original share certificate to the RTA immediately if the duplicate share certificates have been issued. However, if the original share certificates are found before you comply with the procedure for obtaining duplicate share certificate, please send a request letter duly signed by the registered shareholders to RTA for revocation of stop marked with the reason "Lost by Holder" along with Xerox copy of the share certificates and PAN card of the registered shareholders.

  • Please submit your application in writing to the RTA, duly signed by all the shareholders, requesting for replacement of share certificate(s), enclosing therein the torn, defaced or mutilated share certificate(s).

  • In case of physical holding, you have to submit a Nomination Form duly filled in duplicate and signed. If you are holding shares along with other holders then all the holders will have to sign the nomination form.

    After the form is received by the RTA, and found in order, a registration number will be allotted to the nomination. A duplicate copy of the nomination form received from you will then be returned to you with an endorsement indicating the registration number and date.

    In case of dematted shares, your nomination has to be recorded with your Depository Participant.

    Nomination form (Form SH-13)

  • No

  • Joint holders are not nominees. They are joint holders of the relevant shares. In the event of death of any one of the joint holders, the surviving joint holder/s of the shares is/are the only person/persons recognized by the Company as the holders of the shares.

  • In case of shares held by sole holder, upon the death of the shareholder, the nominee, to the exclusion of any other legal heir/beneficiary, is the only person with whom the shares vest. In other words, in case of a valid nomination, the Company will not entertain any claim from legal heirs or beneficiaries and the shares will be transmitted only in favour of the Nominee.

    In case the nomination is made by joint-holders, it will come into effect only upon the death of all the joint holders. Therefore, if one of the joint shareholders expires, the shares will devolve on the surviving shareholders to the exclusion of the nominee. In this case, the surviving shareholders may make a fresh nomination if they so desire.

  • Upon death of a shareholder, the nominee is entitled to have the shares transmitted in his/her favour. He/She will have to give a transmission application form along with the below mentioned documents:

    • Notarized copy of death certificate
    • Original Share certificates for entire holding
    • PAN card of the nominee
    • Address proof of the nominee
    • Banker verification along with the original cancelled cheque leaf

    Upon scrutiny of the documents submitted by the nominee, shares will be transmitted in his/her favour and share certificates will be returned to him/her duly endorsed.

  • For making a nomination with respect to dematted shares, you will have to approach your DP. In the account opening form provided by the Depository Participants there is a provision for providing the name of the nominee. Please consult your Depository Participant for further details.

  • Kindly send a request letter quoting the folio number signed by the registered holders' as per their specimen signature registered in the records of our RTA stating the new as well as the old address. The request letter should be accompanied with the following documents:-

    • Identity Proof (Any one of the documents duly self attested)
      1. PAN Card
      2. Aadhar Card
      3. Passport Copy
    • Address Proof (Any one of the below mentioned documents)
      1. Latest (not older than 90 days) Electricity Bill
      2. Latest (not older than 90 days) Telephone Bill

    NOTE: In case the shareholder resides in a rented property, then a copy of leave and license agreement along with the above mentioned proofs should be submitted.

    Form for request of change in Address

  • No. There can be only one registered address for one folio.

  • Since your Depository Participant maintains the records of your dematted shares, you have to approach your DP to effect any change in your address.

  • In the event, your residential status has changed to that of a non-resident and sale proceeds of the Shares or dividend payment is sought to be repatriated outside India, please obtain prior permission from the Reserve Bank of India through your banker in India (Authorised Dealer) and submit to the Company.

    Where the sale proceeds and/ or dividend payment is not sought to be repatriated, a duly completed Form of Undertaking would be required to be submitted to the Company.

  • Please send a letter duly signed by the registered shareholders quoting the new as well as old residential address to the RTA along with the self-attested copy of PAN card and the address proof.

  • For Name correction in physical certificate, you should forward the duly signed letter to the RTA along with the original share certificate and a copy of PAN Card.

    Form for request of change in Name

  • Please forward your share certificates along with a request letter signed by the registered shareholder/s as per the specimen signature in our records to our RTA and they will split/consolidate the share certificates accordingly.

  • Yes. Please forward the share certificate relating to those folios which you wish to merge along with a request letter duly signed by all the registered holders to the RTA of the Company and they shall consolidate your folios and return the share certificates by endorsing the consolidated folio number.

    You may please note that the folios to be consolidated should be in the identical name and/or in the same order of identical names (in case of joint-holding) and bear the same address.

  • Please forward your share certificates along with a request letter duly signed by all the joint-holders as per the specimen signatures recorded of our RTA.

  • Yes. You will have to execute a Power of Attorney in favour of the concerned person and submit a notarised copy of the same to the RTA for registration. After scrutiny of the documents they will register the Power of Attorney and inform you about the registration number of the same.

  • Kindly note, that the new sub-divided share certificates were dispatched to all the registered shareholders as on record date under null and void scheme. The share certificates of face value Rs 10/- are treated as cancelled.

  • The Company's equity shares are listed with two Stock Exchanges: The BSE Limited, Mumbai (Scrip Code: 500830) and The National Stock Exchange of India Limited (Scrip Code: COLPAL).

  • The present paid-up share capital of the Company is Rs. 27.20 crore comprising 27,19,85,634 equity shares of Re. 1 each.